- We process your personal data if we have a legal basis to do so. The relevant legal basis involves: your permission, an agreement and a legitimate interest.
- We handle your personal information with the greatest of care and take all reasonable precautions to protect your personal data.
- We comply with the General Data Protection Regulation and other legislation regarding the processing of personal data.
The below privacy statement describes how we handle your personal data:
1. Whose personal data does Metterwoon process?
We process personal data of people with whom we have, will have or have had a direct or indirect relationship. This would be personal data of people such as:
- Prospective tenants
- Former tenants
- (Potential) buyers
- Job applicants
- People associated with an organisation or company with whom we have, will have or have had a relationship with
2. For what purpose does Metterwoon process personal data?
Metterwoon needs your personal data for various reasons, including:
- Concluding and/or executing the rental or purchase agreement;
- Collecting debts (also when third parties are charged with collecting them);
- Maintenance, renovation and repair of the property that is or will be rented out;
- Customer service;
- Handling complaints;
- Calculating and recording income and expenditure;
- Making payments;
- Handling job applications;
- Handling cases of legal disputes;
- Carrying out audits;
- Concluding and executing agreements with suppliers and commercial service providers;
- Activities involving internal management (business operations);
- The implementation or application of legal obligations.
3. Does Metterwoon also process sensitive personal data?
It is not the intention that Metterwoon collects sensitive personal data, such as information regarding political views, religious convictions, health or other matters. In all cases in which Metterwoon does try to collect such information, you will be asked in advance for your express permission. We would like to point out that should you provide unsolicited sensitive personal data to Metterwoon, it will be assumed that you have given your express permission for the information to be used for the above described purposes.
4. How does Metterwoon handle your personal data?
The security of your personal data is a major priority for us. Your personal data will be stored with the utmost of care and for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it has been processed. At Metterwoon your personal data will only be used by those employees who by virtue of their position need access to it. Our employees are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your information.
Your data that we store is protected by technical and organisational measures. The technical safety measures used to protect your data are regularly checked and, if necessary, modified according to the latest technology.
5. Does Metterwoon provide personal data to third parties?
Metterwoon only provides your data to third parties if they have been engaged by virtue of the activities described under point 2 or if they need to be involved in these activities. Examples include suppliers, such as property managers, ICT suppliers, repairers and/or contractors. Metterwoon provides for example contact details so that these parties are able to get in touch with tenants. In some cases third parties, such as a bailiff or solicitor, will be provided with further personal data. In the event of a job application, personal data may also be provided to an agency to be used for a psychological and/or aptitude test. Personal data may also be provided to a research agency for the purpose of pre-employment screening.
Metterwoon takes the required contractual and organisational measures to ensure that your data is used by third parties only for the above-mentioned purposes.
Metterwoon is obliged by virtue of the law to provide your data to third parties under certain circumstances. Examples include providing data to competent authorities, such as the tax and judicial authorities, as part of a criminal investigation. We will handle such requests with the utmost of care.
6. Which specific provisions apply to the use of the website?
Click behaviour and visitor data
The website stores general visitor data. In relation to this, the IP address of your computer, the username, the time of the retrieval and the information that the browser sends regarding a visitor is recorded and used for statistical analyses of the visit and click behaviour on the website. We also use this to optimise the functioning of the website.
7. What retention time is employed by Metterwoon?
Metterwoon stores your data for as long as it is necessary to realise the purposes stated in this privacy statement and for as long as the law obliges us to do so. The length of time certain information is stored depends on the nature of the information and the purposes for which the information is processed. The retention time can therefore vary according to purpose.
When the term has expired, your data is erased by Metterwoon or by a company that we engage specialised in the erasure of (personal) data.
8. Can you see which of your personal data Metterwoon processes?
If you have a relationship with our company, you may request in writing to view a copy of your personal data we have in our possession. If the overview that we provide contains any inaccuracies, you may request us in writing to change or erase the information.
It is important that you can provide proof of identity and show that the data that you wish to check and/or change is actually yours. We will handle your request within four weeks.
9. What to do if you have a question or complaint?
Should you have any questions or complaints regarding the processing of personal data by Metterwoon, you may contact us in writing by post or email and address it to the following:
2587 CM Den Haag
2508 DJ Den Haag
10. Can Metterwoon make changes to this document?
The above text is a translation of the Dutch text of our privacy statement. Dutch law applies to our privacy statement.